Re: [O] Literate config and :tangle clauses

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Literate config and :tangle clauses
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 09:52:52 -0800

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016, address@hidden wrote:

address@hidden writes:

Hi all!

Recently I've experienced a kind of a problem - my literate Emacs config
stopped tangling correctly, only a subset of code blocks were found in
resulting .el file.
I've looked at it a bit closer and it seems now (not earlier than 9.0.2)
the :tangle clause became required. I've searched Org repo but failed to
find a respective commit or any reference to the relevant info.

I don't think the problem lies with any revision to org.

First, what `C-h v org-babel-default-header-args RET' shows below is
unchanged for at least a year:

org-babel-default-header-args is a variable defined in ‘ob-core.el’.
Its value is ((:session . "none")
 (:results . "replace")
 (:exports . "code")
 (:cache . "no")
 (:noweb . "no")
 (:hlines . "no")
 (:tangle . "no"))

Note that `(:tangle . "no")' sets the default behavior.

Second, I have files that depend on the above. i.e. I set the header
on a few blocks to `:tangle yes' and leave the rest alone, relying on
the above default to keep them from being tangled.

I also experienced the same behaviour. :tangle became required, which it
wasn't previously.

My solution was just to add the ":tangle yes" tag everywhere.

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Use

#+PROPERTY: header-args :tangle yes

(and type `C-c C-c' to reset the buffer the first time you type it)

and review

(info "(org) Using header arguments")

for tips on how to control the application of header args.

HTH,

Chuck