Re: [O] Bug: org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift not asking for time-shift

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift not asking for time-shift
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 23:30:14 +0100

* Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks.  The additional check looks good, as it replaces an error with a
> more appropriate user-error and gives an error message that is a bit
> more specific.
>
> However, the re-positioning of the org-back-to-heading call seems
> problematic because the call is now wrapped in a save-excursion, but the
> downstream code expects point to be at the beginning of the heading.
>
> When I call org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift with point at the end of
>
>     *** heading <2017-02-28 Wed>
> I get the following error:
>     Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Before first headline at position 1
> in buffer  *temp*")
[...]
> I think this is because beg isn't set to the beginning of the heading.
>
> But given Karl's recent email saying that the changes in maint fixed his
> test cases, maybe I'm missing something ...

I have to excuse myself: I tested not good enough: I only tested my
cases for being asked for the time-shift and not finished executing
the cases.

You're right, I can confirm your issue. I get "Before first headline
at position 1 in buffer  *temp*" as well.

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/