Re: [O] Latex summary

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [O] Latex summary
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 20:44:08 +0100

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 03:14:31PM +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Monday, 13 Feb 2017 at 13:06, Russell Adams wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 04:30:48PM +0000, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> Maybe use #index: ?
> >
> > Sorry, but do you mean in Latex or Org?
>
> Sorry.  Not clear in my response!  The #+index: is an org directly.
>
> "#+index: keyword" directives are then translated to LaTeX
> \index{keyword} when exporting to PDF (say) and which can then be used
> to create an index of keywords and page numbers using the \printindex
> directive in LaTeX and the makeindex command to process these.  You'll
> have to modify org-latex-pdf-process to invoke makeindex or else do this
> manually from the exported LaTeX file.
>
> See attached for a minimal example (org and resulting PDF).
>
> --
> : Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0.4-242-g2c27b8

Eric, thanks for that really detailed input. I'll have to consider
it. I worry that the keywords aren't like the full sentences I'm
using.

Essentially what I'm doing is like this.

* Issue A

** Details

lorem ipsum.........

/Recommendation: I would recommend that you do X/

* Issue B

** Details

lorem ipsum.........

/Recommendation: Other customers are recommended to do Y/

* Conclusion

#babel to grep the file for recommendations#

 - I would recommend that you do X
 - Other customers are recommended to do Y

So essentially I'm putting a summary at the end, like a list of
conclusions. I'm not using single words. Linking back to the section
where the recommendation came from would be ideal.

I'm trying to figure out what this would be called, so I can check the
Latex libraries. I expect it's fairly common, but that I'm using a
poor choice of words to describe it.

Russell Adams                            address@hidden