[O] agenda: past due deadlines *also* showing up under today's date

From: Sébastien Delafond
Subject: [O] agenda: past due deadlines *also* showing up under today's date
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 19:11:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

with 9.0.3, when using the timeline view of the agenda, I get a bunch of
"998 d. ago TODO [...]", "181 d. ago TODO [...]", etc entries under
today's date.
They correspond to past DEADLINE'd tasks, that also each show up under
their respective deadline dates in that same timeline view. Note: this
is *not* where you tell me to complete these tasks in order to eliminate
the problem ;)

Is there any way at all to not have these entries clutter today's date
in the timeline, but instead *only* show up under their own date ? I've
experimented with a lot of the org-agenda-skip-* variables, but to no
avail so far.

I've also confirmed this didn't happen with 9.0, and in both cases I
started emacs with -q to make sure it wasn't my personal config
interfering.

Cheers,

--Seb