[O] Specifying document-specific settings: line breaks and unusual spaci

From: GRAWeeLD
Subject: [O] Specifying document-specific settings: line breaks and unusual spacing
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 18:18:10 +0000

Hello Org-Mode community,

I am rather new to Org-mode itself and have still a lot to read about in the official manual, but I cannot seem to find a method for specifying document specific behaviour in Org-Mode.

For example, if I want all line breaks to be exported exactly with the same indentation as I have for them in my specific document, there seems to be no way to do this.

Sure, I can use \\ to create a new line break, and that works great, but if I indent my text differently,

                for
                              example
                                                          like

                                                                           a straircase

this indentation will not be preserved as such upon PDF export.

Now, I found that AsciiDoc solved this somewhat by allowing the user to insert

[/hardbreaks]
                   format                       your   text o d d l y

[hardbreaks/]
at the beginning of a particular section within a document, and if this is inserted, then everything would be rendered as it is seen on screen upon export as well.
Granted, I am not suggesting that this preservation should be Org-Mode's default behaviour, not at all. I want only certain portions of my book to be formatted in this odd way, the rest should be perfectly precisely aligned, as is the case at this very time.

Thank you for your time and considerations towards this proposal.