[O] org-ref + ASME

From: edgar
Subject: [O] org-ref + ASME
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 07:10:45 +0000

Dear Dr. Kitchin and Org-mode mailing list,

I write to you, because I could not find a mailing list for org-ref. Thanks for your time.

I am just starting to use org-ref with the hope that my advisor sees the advantages of using Emacs (instead of the proprietary word processors). I'm a fan of Emacs, but not really good at Lisp (I just steal code from others :P ).

I have two questions.

* How to add ASME?
I want to know if there is a way to add the ASME database to org-ref.

I found this: https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/issues/148 which hints me in the right direction, but I don't know how to make it work.

I am trying with this article:
http://biomechanical.asmedigitalcollection.asme.org/article.aspx?articleid=1427237

What I do is to M-x crossref-add-bibtex-entry, yank the title and do RET. I get the right BibTeX entry, but org-ref sends me to:
http://biomechanical.asmedigitalcollection.asme.org/article.aspx?articleid=1427237.full.pdf

whilst the PDF is actually on
http://biomechanical.asmedigitalcollection.asme.org/data/journals/jbendy/27048/101013_1.pdf

I already have the PDF and the last digits 101013 (without _1) seem to be the page number.

* How do I avoid downloading the PDF?
The above leads me to the second question: if I already have the PDF, is there a way to prevent downloading it again? The obvious answer is: "Duh! just drag the PDF onto Emacs!", but if I do it like that, I get another issue (already reported on github).

org-ref: Version 1.0.0 (eab601)
GNU Emacs 24.4.1

Thank you in advance! :)

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features! 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas! Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!