Re: [O] org table toggle narrowing and true column hiding

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] org table toggle narrowing and true column hiding
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 17:12:33 +0000

>>> "Nicolas" == Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

    > Hello,
    > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

    >> Great thanks I will test this now, I presume this patch is against the
    >> latest stable version?

    > No, it is against development version, aka "master" branch.

Ok I cloned that branch, applied your patch and run some tests, (using
GNU emacs 26)

Here are my impressions.

    -  (org-table-hide-column nil) works nicely! I can hide several columns: I
       start with the first, hide it,  move to the second hide etc

    -  however (org-table-hide-column 1) etc did not work as expected,
       the first column was hidden but when I called
       (org-table-hide-column 2) that column  was not hidden! Then I
       found out the culprit. I had the cursor on a different column. So
       (org-table-hide-column 1) seems to work best if the cursor is not
       on the table!

    -  would it be possible to hide various column on the fly. Either by
       marking them or running (org-table-hide-column 1 2 3) or
       something like this.

Thanks very much for this, I would it very useful and think it should be
included at some point in master.

Uwe Brauer