Re: [O] git question

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] git question
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 11:58:01 +0000

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017, 3:37 AM Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Re commit acabacaa5689f0644a47edae7c66bbdd68418194

    http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=acabacaa5689f0644a47edae7c66bbdd68418194

This should probably have gone to maint as it is a bugfix.  For some
reason I pushed the commit to master.

Could I now use git cherry-pick to add it maint?  Or is there a better
way?

I haven't tried this, but wouldn't that work:

- Cherry pick that commit into maint
- Merge maint into master

My guess is that the second step will result in just a Merge commit in master, with just commit hash updates. But then the merge pointers between master and maint will also be synced.

 Or
is it better to just let it live on master and only be part of
the next major Org version?
--

Kaushal Modi