Re: [O] Parsing property drawers in subtree scope exports

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Parsing property drawers in subtree scope exports
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 19:19:11 +0200

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks. That works. Just curious though.. if one specifies certain keywords
> to be exporter specific keywords in the backend definition in
> :options-alist, it is evident that those keywords are specifically for
> export. Should the requirement to have "EXPORT_" prefix before them be
> relaxed? Do you foresee things not happening right if we started doing
> that?

I do. User may not be aware of keywords defined in export back-ends. As
a consequence user-defined properties could interfere with export
specific ones. E.g., ":TITLE:" and ":EXPORT_TITLE:" could mean different
things.

> - Make use of the inbuilt EXPORT_ prefix and get rid of the "HUGO_" prefix
> I need exactly that. My idea is to have a single Org file with one subtree
> per a blog post. So each subtree will have meta data about that post, like
> data, categories, etc.

I meant that you probably need to expand the buffer in order to get the
properties. Once this is done, you can return to the original narrowing.

Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738