Re: [O] ob-clojure will error result when contains comment

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [O] ob-clojure will error result when contains comment
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 18:48:10 +1000

I think there is something wrong with your environment and your second
block is not legal code. If you run your second block directly in a
clojure repl, you will get the same errors, which means it isn't an org issue.

Executing your examples with org from master branch I get

#+BEGIN_SRC clojure
(+ 1 1) ;=> 2
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: 2

#+BEGIN_SRC clojure :results value
(def sum1 #(reduce + %))
(def avg1 #(/ (sum %) (count %)))

(defn stats
  [numbers]
  (map #(% numbers) [sum1 count avg1]))

(stats [3 4 10])

(stats [80 1 44 13 6])

#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: #'user/sum1#'user/statsclass clojure.lang.Compiler$CompilerExceptionclass
java.lang.IllegalStateExceptionclass java.lang.IllegalStateExceptionclass
clojure.lang.Compiler$CompilerExceptionclass
java.lang.IllegalStateExceptionclass
java.lang.IllegalStateExceptionCompilerException java.lang.RuntimeException:
Unable to resolve symbol: sum in this context,
compiling:(/tmp/form-init6637865895670060372.clj:2:15)
: IllegalStateException Attempting to call unbound fn: #'user/avg1
clojure.lang.Var$Unbound.throwArity (Var.java:43)
: IllegalStateException Attempting to call unbound fn: #'user/avg1
clojure.lang.Var$Unbound.throwArity (Var.java:43)

I'm not sure why the version of ob-clojure.el is not yet in the org or
org-plus-contrib packages - Does master only become maint after major
version releases?

Note also, there appears to be an issue with most recent versions of
cider when you do cider-jack-in and your not inside a project. The
issues seem to relate mainly to clj-refactor, but there could be other
problems. Again, highly recommend running your cider inside a clojure
project.

Tim

--
Tim Cross