Re: [O] why prepend "file://" to abs paths in html output?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] why prepend "file://" to abs paths in html output?
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 13:01:11 +0000

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 8:55 AM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm. Thanks for that hint. Would it be OK to define backend-specific link
> abbreviations?

I don't think so.

Back-end are able to manipulate links the way they want without Org core
interfering. IOW, this black magick should operate whitin "ox-hugo.el"
itself, IMO.

I meant "Would it be OK to have ox-hugo.el define a link abbreviation like `hugo-static:' for the user?" That way, each user of ox-hugo.el does not have to do that in their configs.

BTW, I still don't understand why an export back-end (unlike an user)
would need to use link abbreviations.

For static site generators like Hugo, Nikola, etc. it is conventional to dump all "static" attachments like images, code files, etc in a fixed "static/" (or something like that) in the blog structure.

So it is very common to have all static links begin with "/path/to/blog/root/static/" for a blog. (That's exactly the #+HTML_LINK_ROOT I mentioned earlier.)
--

Kaushal Modi