Re: [O] Display inline images for shortcuts links

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] Display inline images for shortcuts links
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 12:06:45 +0200

While we are at it, would it be possible to display an inline image when
the image is in the contents part of the link?

The rationale is that something like:

[[file:book.pdf][file:cover.jpg]]

is exported to html as:

The result would be a clickable image in the Org buffer the same way it is in HTML.

Is there any drawback in doing this ?

Fabrice

I simply extended the link search to all link abbrevs, discarding those
that do not ultimately match a file.

Does it solve your issue?

Yes thanks. Much lighter.

I like link abbreviations, because they allow to change the reference point where the files are stored (if needed some day)

Regards,

Fabrice