Re: [O] Trying to get chart from table working

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [O] Trying to get chart from table working
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2017 09:47:24 -0400

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017, at 09:25 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Friday, 29 Sep 2017 at 17:32, Peter Davis wrote:
> > I'm sorry to belabor this, but I could use some help. I'd be willing to
> > pay a modest consulting fee, but I'm trying to solve a problem in a
> > timely way, as it would help me with healthcare decisions.
> >
> > Basically, I want to plot a time series graph showing my PSA (prostate
> > specific antigen) over time. The PSA is measured at irregular intervals,
> > and has been for over 4 years (and hopefully will continue for many more
> > years.) That should be a simple enough graph. I've already got a
> > javascript d3 example that does this, but I'd like to embed it in a
> > document, and to be able to generate PDF.
>
> This part is relatively straightforward.  Using your data example, you
> can do the following:

Thank you for the example, Eric. Running this gives me a page with the
table and the code on it, but no plot. Here's what *Messages* says:

gnuplot-mode 0.7-beta -- determining gnuplot version ......
gnuplot-mode 0.7-beta (gnuplot 5.2) -- report bugs with "C-c C-u"
Saving file /Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/Org/t.org...
Wrote /Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/Org/t.org
Mark set
Saving file /Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/Org/t.org...
Wrote /Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/Org/t.org
org-babel-exp process gnuplot at position 292...
Saving file /Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/Org/t.tex...
Wrote /Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/Org/t.tex
Processing LaTeX file ./t.tex...
PDF file produced.
Running open /Users/peterdavis/Dropbox/Org/t.pdf...done

Thank you.

-pd

--
  Peter Davis