Re: [O] Export attributes for babel blocks

From: Juan Amiguet
Subject: Re: [O] Export attributes for babel blocks
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 14:23:08 +0200

Eric,

Thanks a lot for your answer it works with the following updates

#+begin_src dot :file test.png
digraph test {
A -> B
}
#+end_src

#+attr_latex: :width .5\linewidth
#+RESULTS:
[[file:test.png]]

Kind regards.

--
Juan Amiguet Vercher
Practising theorist

+41(0)774867913

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday,  2 Oct 2017 at 08:46, Juan Amiguet wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have been having this issue for quite a while perhaps I am using the
> feature wrong and someone can enlighten me or perhaps someone can point me
> at the bit of code I can patch it myself.
> Here is the issue:
>
> I have a babel block such as
>
> #+begin_src dot :file test.png
> digraph test {
> A -> B
> }
> #+end_src
>

> This will create after execution a
>
> #+RESULT:
> [[file:./test.png]]
>
> Now if I would like have something like :width .5/.linewith as a attribute
> to the image the only I have found is to do the following
>
> #+begin_src dot :file test.png :exports none
> digraph test {
> A -> B
> }
> #+end_src
>
> #+attr_latex: width=.5/linewidth
> [[file:./test.png]]
>
> Is there a way of passing the export attributes to babel blocks in a way in
> which from direct rendering of the document things work and I can adjust?
> If now which part of the org mode codebase controls all of this?

Simply add the attr_latex line to just before the #+result line and any
re-evaluation of the src block will work just fine.  I.e.:

#+begin_src dot :file test.png
digraph test {
A -> B
}
#+end_src

#+attr_latex: width=.5/linewidth
#+RESULT:
[[file:./test.png]]

: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.1-78-gfbf47c