[O] capture template placeholders do not work

From: Carl Bolduc
Subject: [O] capture template placeholders do not work
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:47:11 -0400

Hi,

I want to use org-mode to store my bookmarks. I configured the following
template:
("b" "Bookmark" entry (file+headline "~/org/bookmarks.org" "Bookmarks") "*
%:url %:title %?\n”)

And I have the following bookmarklet in my browser:
javascript:location.href='org-protocol://capture?template=b'+'&url='+encodeURIComponent(window.location.href)+'&title='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)+'&body='+encodeURIComponent(window.getSelection());

When I click on my bookmarklet, Emacs opens a new capture buffer and here is
what I see:
**

I get an empty entry, the %:url and %:title placeholders are not expanded to
the values passed by the bookmarklet. How can I troubleshoot this?

I’m running emacs 25.3 with the emacs-25.3-mac-6.8 patch on macOS High Sierra
with org-mode 9.1.1.

Thanks,
Carl