Re: [O] Bizarre gnuplot file creation error

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Bizarre gnuplot file creation error
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 18:07:11 +0000

On Tuesday,  7 Nov 2017 at 09:42, Lawrence Bottorff wrote:
> Still haven't tracked down the exact steps to reproduce this problem, but
> it happened again recently -- and starting a new emacs from the command
> line solved it, i.e., my usual daemon-run emacs seems to be "crudding up"
> somehow.

The issue is that gnuplot mode uses a gnuplot session (in the *gnuplot*
buffer).  If you start gnuplot by executing a src block somewhere in
your file system and then move to another org file elsewhere in the file
system, the same *gnuplot* buffer will be used, placing the file in the
wrong place as far as the second file is concerned.  The working
directory of the gnuplot buffer is not updated.

The immediate solution is to kill the *gnuplot* buffer...  messy but works.

The proper solution would be to update ob-gnuplot to change the working
directory at every invocation of gnuplot to be the directory where the
org file is found.  (gnuplot has a "cd" command for this purpose)

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.2-117-g5b2b8f