Re: [O] How to log changes to orgmode files?

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] How to log changes to orgmode files?
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 14:10:48 -0500

Mirko Vukovic <address@hidden> writes:

> When I invoke ChangeLog, it is pre-populated with the file name only.
> There is no finer information about the location of the modification.  For
> instance, I would like to use the tree heading name or ID.
>
> Is there a standard way of logging changes?

If I understand correctly what you want, I think you can get it by
setting add-log-current-defun-function.  For example,

   (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
             (lambda ()
               (setq-local add-log-current-defun-function
                           (lambda () (ignore-errors (org-get-heading t))))))

Untested, and you probably don't want to add an anonymous function to
org-mode-hook, but hopefully it helps.

--
Kyle