[O] [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories be

From: Bastien Guerry
Subject: [O] [IMPORTANT] Server migration: please update your git repositories before 31/12/2017
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 18:12:16 +0100

Dear all,

thanks to Jason Dunsmore, we were able to have our orgmode.org server
sponsored by Rackspace.  Their OSS hosting program ends by the end of
the year¹.  Thanks a lot to Rackspace for this program, it saved us a
lot of money!  And to Jason for letting us know about it.

I have configured a new server: a vultr.com Debian 9 x64 with 1024 MB
at 5$ per month -- for a start.

I will make the DNS switch to the new server on the 30/12/2017 between
8pm CET and midnight CET.

**IF YOU USE GIT FOR ORG/WORG, YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR REPOSITORIES!**

If you don't use Git for Org, you can jump directly to the end of this
email, where I explain the purpose of code.orgmode.org.

For Org/Worg USERS who use Git to clone Org/Worg

After 31/12/2017 (leaving a 24h window for DNS propagation), the only
way to clone the Org git repository will be through our Gogs instance:

  https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode

If you cloned from the old server, your current .git/config file has:

[remote "origin"]
        url = address@hidden:org-mode.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

You can clone Org from the new server with one of these commands:

~$ git clone address@hidden:bzg/org-mode.git
~$ git clone https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git

In the newly created repository, your .git/config file will now read:

[remote "origin"]
        url = address@hidden:bzg/org-mode.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

or

[remote "origin"]
        url = https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*

You can also use https instead of git, see the repository page.

Instructions are similar for Worg.

For Org and Worg COMMITTERS
============================

You will need to create a new user on https://code.orgmode.org in
order to push commits to org-mode.git or worg.git:

1. Create a user on https://code.orgmode.org
2. Add your ssh public key
3. Send me an email to be added as a collaborator on Org/Worg

Why code.orgmode.org ?
=======================

The https://code.orgmode.org gogs instance is intended as being a home
for every Org developers, whether they are contributing to Org's core,
Worg documentation - or any other Org-related package.  The idea is to
create a place for code that we collectively take care of.

New Org packages are already welcome.

Mirrors for active Org packages are welcome.

Also, I would like to migrate Elisp files currently in Org's contrib/
directory as separate packages on https://code.orgmode.org.

Testing the new server

You can test the new website here: https://beta.orgmode.org

If someone asks anywhere about a broken Org repository, please refer
to this email.

Happy hacking and *thanks*!

¹
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/10/20/rackspace_ends_discount_hosting_for_open_source_projects/