Re: [O] Org citations, CSL and citeproc-el

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] Org citations, CSL and citeproc-el
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 18:02:57 +0100

This is exciting news, and I look forward to trying it out.

Regarding syntax:

1. A couple of years back, there was an active discussion on this list to
flesh out a native citation syntax for Org. I fell off the discussion,
but I think it resulted in a non-link-based, feature-rich syntax spec,
but not much code to make use of it. Perhaps someone could comment?

2. Not many people liked my proposal: a link-based syntax similar to yours
but also including author and date in the link description. The idea was
to have descriptions that are both (1) human-readable even though the
citekeys are hidden away in the link path and (2) machine-readable to
determine the form of the citation (parenthetical or not, date-only or
not, etc.). I have used one to work with Zotero, and have a simple
parser for it, if you're interested in pursuing something similar.

Yours,
Christian