Re: [O] Feature request: #+INCLUDE: with anchors

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Feature request: #+INCLUDE: with anchors
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 11:39:29 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have seen this syntax in markdown (one of the many versions):
>
> !listing
> path/to/file.ext
> start=ini_keyword end=end_keyword
>
> Here, ~file.ext~ is a source file, and both ~ini_keyword~ and
> ~end_keyword~ are text strings in the text delimiting what should be
> included (responsibility of the writer to make sure they are
> unique). I think that having something like this in Org would be
> nice. I am aware of the ~:lines~ option, but having something like
> this would not require an update of the numeric reference every time
> the referenced file changes.

What would happen if one of the keywords aren’t unique?

Something similar can already be done in Org.  See this part of the
manual:

    Inclusions may specify a file-link to extract an object matched by
org-link-search (see Search options).

    To extract only the contents of the matched object, set :only-contents
property to non-nil. This will omit any planning lines or property drawers. The
ranges for :lines keyword are relative to the requested element. Some examples:

    #+INCLUDE: "./paper.org::#theory" :only-contents t
       Include the body of the heading with the custom id ‘theory’
    #+INCLUDE: "./paper.org::mytable"  Include named element.
    #+INCLUDE: "./paper.org::*conclusion" :lines 1-20
       Include the first 20 lines of the headline named ‘conclusion’.

Rasmus

--
Tack, ni svenska vakttorn. Med plutonium tvingar vi dansken på knä!