Re: [O] Removing ding each time I type TAB when not after a structure te

From: Brent Goodrick
Subject: Re: [O] Removing ding each time I type TAB when not after a structure template with org-tempo enabled
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 10:32:39 -0800

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks. This is close, but not completely fixed: When I have the point at the start of a line in a Org file, and type the TAB key, it does not move like it should up underneath the prior heading. See annotated screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/zUH28W0.png

I'll have to re-instate my workaround for now.

Thanks for the help!

Brent

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 3:05 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Brent Goodrick <address@hidden> writes:

> In this new version, I discovered that structure templates were not
> enabled by default, so I enabled them. But to my chagrin, I found that
> I get a "ding" each time I type the TAB key when on a blank line that
> is _not_ right after a structure template such as "<e".
>
> Below is my hackaround, but can someone take a look into arranging it
> so that is not the default to ding if tempo-complete-tag cannot find
> anything to complete, and thus I can remove my hack?
>
> Just passing silent to it will actually break TABing over (normal tab
> meaning) in Org buffers, so the obvious fix won't work.  (ding)
> returns nil which it must so that the hook works as expected.

Fixed. Thank you.

>   ;; Enable Structure templates that at one point were by default enabled in Org
>   ;; mode, but someone changed that for some reason, so re enable it.

There is another structure template expansion mechanism enable by
default. You may want to try `C-c C-x C-w'.

Nicolas Goaziou