Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates thru e.g. "<s[TAB]")
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 12:37:12 +1000

I guess it is a balancing act. On one level, org's tendency to use
'smart' key bindings in which behaviour/action changes depending on
context is convenient, but on the other hand, I suspect it makes things
more complicated, which usually means harder to get right or maintain.

The C-c , binding is in line with expansion/templates in other modes (at
least in my configuration), so there is little cognitive overhead when I
want to expand "something".

--
Tim Cross