Re: [O] Link "bracket-types"

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Link "bracket-types"
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 18:27:45 +0200

Michael Brand <address@hidden> writes:

> Only when I can see the brackets of case 3 in Org rendered as
> : [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter]]
> I know that I can change it to
> : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter
> for a cleaner view in non-Org tools.
>
> For case 1 I still prefer to see only the link description because I
> prefer to hide a too disturbing URL part most of the times. My example
> for case 1 is only artificial and my actual descriptions will be such
> that it can not be confused with case 2.

IIUC, you want fontification to make it obvious there are square
brackets in links, so that you know when they can be removed, for
improved readability outside Org.

If I'm correct, why don't you write a function that normalizes links for
you, so you don't have to bother, e.g., something that turns [[URL]]
into URL unless URL contains parenthesis or spaces?