Re: [O] Proposal: references from code to text.

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Proposal: references from code to text.
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 06:48:46 +0100

On Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 13:29, ZHUO QL (KDr2) wrote:
> Hi all, I just post a proposal for orgmode on my website(generated by
> orgmode):
> http://kdr2.com/tech/emacs/1805-proposal-org-ref-code-to-text.html .
> Here is the source of the proposal:
> # -*- mode: org; mode: auto-fill; -*-
>
> #+TITLE: Proposal for Orgmode: references from code to text.
> #+AUTHOR: KDr2

[...]

> - Beside the ~NAME~, we could also support reference via the
>   ~CUSTOM_ID~ property or anything else that can locate a text chunk.
> - In the tangling process, we should do some kind of transformation of
>   the target text, for example, escape the quote mark. A hook may be
>   needed to let the user customize the transformation too.
>
> What do you think?

I like the symmetry of having src reference text.  I guess, in what you
propose above, that the text that would be incorporated would be a
single element (in org parsing parlance) or else we would have to
specify an extent in the link information.

Are you able to implement something?  I would definitely help test it.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.6-591-gee336b