Re: [O] Inheriting some local variables from source code block editing b

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: [O] Inheriting some local variables from source code block editing buffers
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 21:36:59 +0300

On 2018-05-14 18:47 +02, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> (org-element-property :header (org-element-at-point)) => (":foo bar")
[...]
>> I can't find any documentation on Org-mode's internal APIs and how
>> different parts fit together, so I'm having to figure things out reading
>> source code.
>
> See <https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-element-api.html>.

Thanks, and sorry.  I've been mostly ignoring Worg up until now, because
I haven't seen the worg/dev/ pages mentioned in the info manual (I'd
expect to see those pages mentioned in the Hacking section BTW, I can
send a patch mentioning them in a "Further resources" subsection there
if you'd like that added).

So, today I've started implementing a version of this that works like
this:

#+begin_example
  #+property: edit-bindings /varlist/
  * heading
  :properties:
  :edit_bindings: /varlist/
  :end:
  #+header: edit-bindings /varlist/
#+end_example

where scoping is like (x > y meaning x overrides y):

  header line bindings > subtree bindings > #+property bindings before
  the element

I'll send a complete patch soon.

Best,

--