[O] Babel Edit Code Whole Session Context

From: Kevin Foley
Subject: [O] Babel Edit Code Whole Session Context
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 10:50:30 -0400

Is there anyway to edit a source code block with the context of all other source code blocks in the same session?  Specifically when working with Python I'd like features like company to be able to use the rest of the code in the session.

For example consider the following org file:

#+begin_src python :tangle yes :session my_session
  var = 'variable'

  var_upper = var.
#+end_src

#+begin_src python :tangle yes :session my_session
  var_lower = var.
#+end_src

If I call `org-edit-src-code` on the first block and move the point to after the dot in "var." and call `elpy-company-backend` I get suggestions of all methods associated with strings in Python.  However if I do the same in the second code block I get the message "No completion found".

Is there any solution to this issue?

--
Thanks,
Kevin Foley