Re: [O] Problem jumping back & forth between foonote ref and def with 'C

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: [O] Problem jumping back & forth between foonote ref and def with 'C-c C-c'
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 17:51:19 +0200

Nicolas Goaziou writes on Tue 21 Aug 2018 20:13:

 > > Now, I visit a file which contains only
 > >
 > >    * head
 > >    foo[fn:1] bar
 > >    * Footnotes
 > >
 > >    [fn:1] tnote
 > >
 > > If the cursor is anywhere within the 1st instance of '[fn:1] ' (that
 > > is, including the space) and I type 'C-c C-c' the cursor ends up on
 > > the 1st letter of 'tnote'.
 > >
 > > I am not sure if this corresponds to what the manual says but, if I
 > > type 'C-c C-c' again, I get
 > >
 > >    user-error: `C-c C-c' can do nothing useful here
 > >
 > > i.e., I don't "jump back."

 > As strange as it may sound, I think [this is] correct.
 >
 > In 9.1, Org puts point at the location where you can start to edit
 > the definition right away. If you want to "jump back", you can use
 > the Org mark ring, or simply move backward -- a single character is
 > enough but you can also move to the beginning of the line -- and
 > use `C-c C-c' again.

Hello again.  What I did not notice earlier is that, while performing
`C-c C-c' on the first instance of '[fn:1]' -- which results in the
point being put on the 1st letter of 'tnote' --, the minibuffer
displays the following message:

   Edit definition and go back with `C-c &' or, if unique, with `C-c
   C-c'.

So it seems to me that if the behavior is correct, then the message is
inconsistent (`C-c C-c' does not go/jump back).

Regards

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
IPG (Institut de Physique du Globe) | address@hidden