Re: [O] bug#32722: 26.1; Org-publish depend on non-free platform ?

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] bug#32722: 26.1; Org-publish depend on non-free platform ?
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 00:21:33 -0500

Although I've read all of the messages in it, this thread has not been
especially easy to follow.

Whatever changes are made, we should ensure that there are no
regressions as a result.  This should mean that:

1.  Existing Org users who install the new version of Org and export
documents to HTML should not see any changes in the output.

2.  New Org users whose first version is the new one should be able to
easily get the same HTML output they see existing users getting.  If the
changes in documentation and in-Emacs messages obscure the necessary
steps, it should be considered a significant regression in usability.

I can already imagine the messages asking, "How do I get the
nice-looking, syntax-highlighted code blocks I see all the other Org
users getting?"  There are already many questions about Org that are
asked over and over again in various places.  Let's not add a new one to
that list, about something that used to work fine.