Re: [O] Feature request: simplify usage of special blocks (for beamer)

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Feature request: simplify usage of special blocks (for beamer)
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 11:55:20 +0000

On Saturday,  1 Dec 2018 at 15:41, Carlos Pita wrote:
>> > 1. Allow for special blocks to take an :options argument.
>>
>> Although I agree that this would be nice, I imagine the difficulty
>> would be that it would be difficult to cater for multiple backends.
>
> It's not really difficult, more on the trivial side. For example, as
> an end user I already can install a filter like:

My point is that LaTeX is not the only export target for org, not that
implementing it would be difficult for a specific target.  That is why
you are expected to use target specific attributes.

>> Given that beamer inherits everything that the LaTeX exporter
>> supports, is the special blocks section in the LaTeX exporter
>> documentation not already enough?
>
> Not much users seem to be aware of the ablity of using special blocks
> for beamer. No example, answer, tutorial out there even mentioned the
> possibility. Given its convenience, I would say the beamer export
> section should explicitly suggest the alternative.

I've been using special blocks in beamer from the start but there's no
harm in having an explicit mention in the beamer section of the manula,
of course.  So maybe please suggest the change in the manual (i.e. post
a patch)?  The manual written in org these days so easy to update.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.1.14-1035-gfeb442