[O] Org-Publish of a PDF ??

From: David Masterson
Subject: [O] Org-Publish of a PDF ??
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 01:22:05 +0000

Have a question about org-publish-project.  I have a bunch of org files
that work fine and I've been able to publish my project to PDF fine, but
I'd like to refine the setting, but I can't find the documentation for
what I want.  Basically, I have the following:

(setq org-publish-project-alist
  '(("pdfDrop"
     :base-directory "~/directory1/"
     :base-extension "org"
     :publishing-directory "~/directory2/"
     :publishing-function org-latext-publish-to-pdf)))

When I publish my project, I find that my org files are first generated
into tex and pdf files in directory1 and then the tex/pdf files are
copied to directory2.  What I would like is for the tex/pdf files to be
directly generated in directory2 with no "extras" in directory1.

My reason is that I sync my directory1 to other (backup) locations and I
would rather not pick up the extras or have to modify the sync to know
and ignore what is extra which could change from time to time.

Why isn't this documented better in the Org documentation?
--
David