Re: [O] Org-drill edit feature request

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Org-drill edit feature request
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2019 11:03:42 -0500

My experience with this is that you have to get the word by some means
(e.g. it is a property, or it is selected some how) and then send it to
a platform specific speech program. It is easy on a mac as there is a
command line tool called "say". So, something like this

(shell-command "say \"Hello\")

will say the word Hello out loud. I guess there are windows and linux
equivalents.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F