[O] Bug: Can't create org-link to heading containing an ampersand

From: Joseph Lloyd
Subject: [O] Bug: Can't create org-link to heading containing an ampersand
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 20:55:18 -0700

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

I have the following heading:

* Example & Test

When I create the following link to it, I expect it to navigate to the heading
when I call org-open-at-point (C-c C-o):
[[Example & Test][Example & Test]]

Instead, calling org-open-at-point offers to create a new heading. If I say
yes, a new heading is created, but calling org-open-at-point again on the link
offers to create another heading identical to the first that was created.

I have org-link-search-must-match-exact-headline set to ‘query-to-create.

It appears that the ampersand is not being found in the heading search.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS appkit-1348.17
Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F2511))
 of 2018-05-30
Package: Org mode version N/A (N/A @ /Users/joseph/.local/src/org-mode/lisp/)

Regards,