[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Thu, 03 Apr 2003 18:14:01 +0200
Gnus/5.090018 (Oort Gnus v0.18) Emacs/21.3.50 (gnu/linux)
Dave Love <address@hidden> writes:
> There was a good reason for not doing this:
I wasn't aware. I had suggested this change on the emacs-devel list
some time ago, but got no reaction.
> 2003-03-29 Kai Großjohann <address@hidden>
> * international/utf-8.el (utf-translate-cjk-mode): Minor mode,
> replaces variable utf-translate-cjk which must be set via Custom.
> The point was to make sure it was set through Custom so that it was
> consistent with the language environment through a Custom :set-after.
> That's still not good enough, since customize doesn't act on custom
> dependencies as I think it should, but it helps.
Hm. Consider someone trying to avoid Customize. So even if you
require to use Customize for this one, you can't say whether
(set-language-environment "foo") occurs before or after the
(custom-set-variables ...) statement.
So I think it won't help people who try to avoid Customize.
People who use Customize for both the language environment and
utf-translate-cjk-mode should get the same behavior as previously --
the :set-after arg is still there.
set-language-environment could holler if utf-translate-cjk-mode was
set when it is called. That might be useful in some way or other.
Or it could look if utf-translate-cjk-mode is on, and if so, turn it
off then on again. That would exhibit more dwimishness.
A preposition is not a good thing to end a sentence with.
Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Luc Teirlinck, 2003/04/03
- utf-translate-cjk-mode, Dave Love, 2003/04/03
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode,
Kai Großjohann <=
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Dave Love, 2003/04/04
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Kai Großjohann, 2003/04/04
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Dave Love, 2003/04/07
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Kai Großjohann, 2003/04/08
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Dave Love, 2003/04/10
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Kai Großjohann, 2003/04/10
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Dave Love, 2003/04/16