[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
04 Apr 2003 12:18:06 +0100
Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0) Emacs/21.2
address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) writes:
> Hm. Consider someone trying to avoid Customize.
That's their problem. I'm considering people using Custom, trying to
make the options apparent and allow them to be set as well as
[It's difficult because of the interrelations of various options, and
I'm happy for people to improve it, but no users who have complained
about the absence of CJK utf-8 support have contributed.]
> So even if you
> require to use Customize for this one, you can't say whether
> (set-language-environment "foo") occurs before or after the
> (custom-set-variables ...) statement.
Yes I can, if it's invoked according to the locale, which should be
the normal case.
> So I think it won't help people who try to avoid Customize.
> People who use Customize for both the language environment and
> utf-translate-cjk-mode should get the same behavior as previously --
> the :set-after arg is still there.
Only if define-minor-mode did anything with it.
> set-language-environment could holler if utf-translate-cjk-mode was
> set when it is called. That might be useful in some way or other.
> Or it could look if utf-translate-cjk-mode is on, and if so, turn it
> off then on again. That would exhibit more dwimishness.
I think that would be wrong, apart from being very unclean. Custom
supports at least the declaration of dependencies, even if it doesn't
use them fully. Why do you want to avoid that, presumably at the
expense of the less sophisticated users Custom is particularly aimed
Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Luc Teirlinck, 2003/04/03
- utf-translate-cjk-mode, Dave Love, 2003/04/03
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Kai Großjohann, 2003/04/03
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode,
Dave Love <=
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Kai Großjohann, 2003/04/04
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Dave Love, 2003/04/07
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Kai Großjohann, 2003/04/08
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Dave Love, 2003/04/10
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Kai Großjohann, 2003/04/10
- Re: utf-translate-cjk-mode, Dave Love, 2003/04/16