[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Customize Save for Future Sessions silently does not save hidden stu
Re: Customize Save for Future Sessions silently does not save hidden stuff
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:04:11 -0500
2. Click Hide Value, to hide the variable.
3. Click Save for Future Sessions.
4. Message is that your custom file was saved - and it was...
5. But `apropos-do-all' was _not_ saved to it - nothing in the file has
This seems to be an intentional feature. For a hidden variable,
the State button disappears, so you can't save it that way.
However, I agree it might be surprising that the buttons at the top
don't operate on these variables.
What is the design goal here? Should users be able to save vars and faces
whose details are hidden?
I am not sure.
2. The global Save for Future Sessions button should give feedback about
each thing it did not save.
It should give some sort of feedback about this, I agree.
3. There should be a global button Show All, that shows everything, so that
the global Save for Future Sessions button can in fact be used to do what it
suggests it does.
What do others thing? Per, what do you think?