[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:36:25 +0100
Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 (Windows/20041206)
The bug seems related to the following change from 1997-06-20:
(widget-after-change): Don't apply :notify here.
(widget-before-change): New function. Apply :notify here.
`widget-before-change' may modify text preceding the editable field. As
a consequence FROM and TO values passed to `widget-after-change' get
messed up. More precisely FROM is that of `widget-before-change' but TO
does account for the text change. Inserting just one character may, for
example, pass a FROM value of 4378 and a TO value of 4436 giving the
illusion that I just inserted some 58 characters.
I suspect the change above was implemented to make undo work for
editable fields. Permitting a before-change hook to modify a buffer,
however, seems asking for more trouble. Moreover, undoing still doesn't
work reliably. Finally, the bug will remove `widget-after-change' which
breaks the entire customization buffer.
- Re: customize-face,
martin rudalics <=
- Re: customize-face, Richard M. Stallman, 2005/12/04
- Re: customize-face, martin rudalics, 2005/12/05
- Re: customize-face, Richard M. Stallman, 2005/12/05
- Re: customize-face, martin rudalics, 2005/12/06
- Re: customize-face, Richard M. Stallman, 2005/12/12
- Re: customize-face, martin rudalics, 2005/12/13
- Re: customize-face, martin rudalics, 2005/12/17