[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
existing work on TODO items
existing work on TODO items
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:52:24 +0000
Gnus/5.11 (Gnus v5.11) Emacs/21.4 (gnu/linux)
I realize that apart from anything else, TODO gets treated as a list
of things to avoid. However, could you at least reference existing
work on the topics, even if it gets re-done, to avoid more wasted
hacker time? Here are items I know about, though I can't necessarily
remember what I did long ago.
* `fx is looking at multilingual font selection for Emacs 22.' should
be `fx looked at multilingual font selection for Unicode-based
* `Program Enriched mode to read and save in RTF.' appears to be
addressed by http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/emacs-rtf/.
* `Make movemail work with IMAP.' is done in GNU mailutils, along with
* `** ange-ftp *** understand sftp' isn't likely to work properly
because sftp doesn't print status messages.
* `Implement a clean way to use different major modes for different
parts of a buffer.' should reference
http://www.loveshack.ukfsn.org/emacs/multi-mode.el and, probably,
reference mmm-mode with a critique.
* `Implement a variant of uncompress.el or jka-compr.el that works
with GNU Privacy Guard for encryption.' should reference
* `Investigate using the language environment (or locale?) ...' might
read something like:
** Enhance locale handling: handle language, territory and charset
orthogonally and de-emphasize language environments. Use the locale
to set up more things, such as fontsets, the default Ispell
dictionary, diary format, calendar holidays and display, quoting
characters and phrase boundaries, sentence endings, collation for
sorting (at least for unicodes), HTTP Accept-language, patterns for
directory listings and compilation messages, yes-or-no replies,
common menu items when the toolkit supports it ... `locale-info'
needs extending for LC_COLLATE &c. [fx started on this.]
The item `Improve language environment handling so that Emacs can
fit better to a users locale.' would be covered by that, but as far
as I remember, doing it that way was vetoed.
* `Port the conservative stack marking code of Emacs' garbage collector
to more systems' should note that the Boehm collector gives you that.
* `Eliminate the storm of warnings concerning char/unsigned char
mismatches that we get with proprietary compilers on various
systems.' should say `proprietary compilers and gcc 4'.
* `A function to tell you the argument pattern of functions.' is
`function-arity' in http://www.loveshack.ukfsn.org/emacs/fx-misc.el.
- existing work on TODO items,
Dave Love <=
- Re: existing work on TODO items, Richard M. Stallman, 2005/12/15
- Re: existing work on TODO items, Eli Zaretskii, 2005/12/16
- Re: existing work on TODO items, Richard M. Stallman, 2005/12/16
- Re: existing work on TODO items, Dave Love, 2005/12/18
- Re: existing work on TODO items, Richard M. Stallman, 2005/12/19
- Re: existing work on TODO items, Dave Love, 2005/12/22
- Re: existing work on TODO items, Richard M. Stallman, 2005/12/23
- Re: existing work on TODO items, Ken Manheimer, 2005/12/24