emacs-tangents

Re: [ANNOUNCE] mailaprop: modern popup-style autofill for email addresse

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] mailaprop: modern popup-style autofill for email addresses
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 14:16:30 -0600

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:
>Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
>> Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:
>>>The format is like this:
>>>
>>>((mail
>>> ("address@hidden" 38154 1516109510 "Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>")
>>> ("address@hidden" 10 1516065455 "Karl Fogel <address@hidden>")
>>> ))
>>>
>>>Which is email address/times used/last time used/full name.
>>
>> Thanks.  How does it handle cases where the same email address appears
>> with different full names?  Is there a separate top-level entry for
>> each of those (i.e., the same car is repeated)?
>
>The first elem is the key, so the full name appears only once per key.
>That is, it'll be updated.

Thanks, Lars.

Mailaprop stores a superset of the information ecomplete stores.  Namely,
mailaprop tracks the sent-to count separately from the received-from count, and
mailaprop tracks each real-name form of a given email address separately.  I'd
like to discuss the possibility of having ecomplete store that information too,
so that mailaprop and ecomplete can work from the same data.

Should I start that thread on Emacs Devel?  I think so, but wanted to get your
opinion first.

Best regards,
-Karl