Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: remove-overlays

From: Eric . Belpaire
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: remove-overlays
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:51:50 +0100

the problem seemed to originate from the fact that there are 2 blanks
between A1 and the underscore, when there are more than 10 tasks, so that
the underscores are aligned. This feature has disappeared.

I've found and installed emacs 21.3 for windows (which includes
remove-overlays). Strangely, I don't get the tasks in 3 colors.
However, I didn't find any use of the variable
planner-hide-task-status-when-highlighting

> No kidding. <sheepish grin> I think I went a bit overboard there. New
> version incorporates your suggestion. To make it hide the status, set
> planner-hide-task-status-when-highlighting to t.

Cordially,
Eric

Eric BELPAIRE

|--------+-------------------------------------------------------------->
|        |  Sacha Chua <address@hidden>                              |
|        |  Sent by:                                                    |
|        |  address@hidden|
|        |  rg                                                          |
|        |  29/01/2004 12:11                                            |
|        |  Please respond to Sacha Chua                                |
|        |                                                              |
|--------+-------------------------------------------------------------->

address@hidden writes:

> I have the built-in functions overlay-put and overlay-get, but not the
> function remove-overlay.
> I tried to fix it by changing the line
>   (if (fboundp 'overlay-put)
> into
>   (if (fboundp 'remove-overlays)
> but this put trouble in my daily planning file when copying the
yesterday's
> tasks into today's new planning file.

The new check is

    (if (and (fboundp 'overlay-put) (fboundp 'remove-overlays))

which is essentially the same as what you put.

What kind of trouble did you encounter? It really should fall back to
text properties now...

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun