[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: emacs-wiki-discuss Digest, Vol 4, Issue 5

From: Alan Schussman
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: emacs-wiki-discuss Digest, Vol 4, Issue 5
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 08:31:15 -0400

Bah, replying to digests is a pain. Switching to regular delivery. In response to Thomas Gehrlein, who suggested that one way to deal with hierarchical tasks is to have undated tasks on a project page, and that "the biggest challenge is finding a good key-binding for planner-create-task-without-date:"

I've never used planner-create-tasks-without-date, but I do have lots of undated tasks that I just created manually (I keep a reading list, for example, that's just a project page without dates). Instead of looking for a new keybinding for another function, what about creating an undated task if either 1) a non-daily page is entered at the create task prompt, or 2) the current buffer is a non-daily page and some non-date value is entered at the prompt?

As I'm new to the list and am still learning planner, my apologies if this is already a well-trod possibility (or already exists? Wouldn't be the first time I've daydreamed about existing functionality!).

-Alan