Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: inlining

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: inlining
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:06:46 -0500

      Will someone please confirm it so that we can merge it into
      stable?

   It works nicely for me.

However, there are a couple of devilicious details that I just
noticed.

Even when markup="nil" is specified, `"' is replaced by `"' --
which I don't think is relevant to the way the stuff is displayed,
but it is a little curious that the text actually is being
marked up even though nil markup was specified.

Also, Safari seems to indent stuff inside <pre>...</pre> at the
instruction of the default CSS.

By contrast, this simple file alone is not indented in Safari.

<h1>testing</h1>
<pre>   ,v\/\/\/\/\/\
  /             \
 ((__-^^-,-^^-__))
  `-_---' `---_-'
   `--|o` 'o|--'
      \  `  /
 GNU/  ): :(  (o_
 Linux :o_o:  //\
</pre>

Compare http://www.ma.utexas.edu/~jcorneli/y/FDD/

(I don't have another graphical browser, but I imagine that you'll
also see some unwanted indenting action going on in Mozilla.)

Sources are available here.

http://www.ma.utexas.edu/~jcorneli/y/Wiki.tar