[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: cannot save all my planner files

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: cannot save all my planner files
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:39:11 +0800

address@hidden writes:

> After a first stab, it seems it is due to an encoding issue
> (multibyte v unibyte I guess).  I'm using umlauts and accented
> characters and for some reason the encoding on the two pages is

Meep. I don't know how to go about setting up an environment for this.
Could you tell me of a step-by-step way to reproduce your bug starting
from -q?

> Another remark: the documentation for planner-tasks-equal-p()
> says that "Return t if TASK-A and TASK-B differ only in terms of
> priority and page."  Judging from the implementation that is not
> quite true: it returns t if TASK-A and TASK-B have the same value
> for category, status, description, link, link-text, plan and
> date.  They _can_ have different values for priority and page
> (but that is not necessary).

Rewritten for clarity in * committed
address@hidden/planner--dev--1.0--patch-40 . Thanks for the
feedback!

> And something else: planner-id-update-tasks-on-page() mentions
> `write-file-functions', which is a non-existing variable.
> Perhaps write-file-hooks is meant?

It's defined here in CVS Emacs in files.el. The documentation for
write-file-hooks says:

This variable is obsolete since 21.4; use `write-file-functions'
instead.

Figured it was safe to use it as long as I boundp... =)

Thanks for helping!
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun