[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some bugs and feature requests

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some bugs and feature requests
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 01:26:12 +0800

"Charles Phlip Chan" <address@hidden> writes:

> No. The("2004.04.20" "Birthday: Philip Chan(74th)") entry is actually
> From bbdb-anniversary trying to insert it into the diary buffer. It
> works fine if I don't load planner-cyclic. The same thing for
> planner-notes-index-* and planner-cyclic.

Ah, I see. This is probably fixed in
* committed address@hidden/planner--dev--1.0--patch-45 :
I set list-diary-entries-hook to a constant value.

> I use that already and it is a nice feature. Sometimes though I want
> to see the complete notes of a topic in a buffer and to print

Good point.

* committed address@hidden/planner--dev--1.0--patch-46

> it. Also, if we have proper topic support then we can use
> auto-conplete.

Hmmm. What if you just added frequently-used to a list, then
hippie-expanded them? We can also use that as a history or
autocomplete for planner-search-notes, and find a better way to cache
old results...

> of planner-mode. I am presently searching for a mode for more
> structured data. Since edb is unmaintained and I only need text
> fields at this point, I choose bibl-mode as a stop gap measure.

That should be pretty interesting. <muse>

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun