[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some bugs and feature requests

From: Ole Arndt
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Some bugs and feature requests
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:34:54 +0200

Hi Gary,

"Gary V. Vaughan" <address@hidden> writes:

> My journal mode has one wiki page per Category (topic), and puts cross-
> reference links in each category page pointing back at the new entry.
>
> I don't use it anymore myself since I can publish my blog entries to
> a heirarchy with the directories patch I submitted some time ago, and
> then serve them up with Blosxom.  If anyone wants to take over maintenance
> of emacs-wiki-journal.el I'd be happy to pass the torch.

I'm still using your emacs-wiki-journal.el and have a modified version
on my web site. You perhaps remember the patch I sent you a few weeks
ago. I don't know for how much longer I will use it, as I ultimately
look for a better integration with planner notes and remember, but if
you don't find any other volunteer, I offer to take over maintenance.

Regarding the integration with planner and remember, what I envision
can probably be easy implemented as a remember-annotation-function:

If you take a note with remember of the form

  CategoryFoo --- Headline

  Text text text text

it would insert it at my (private) daily page and put a copy onto the
Journal page.

This would also play together nicely with the apparently dormant
planner-notes.el (with a matching topic/subtopic separator).

Ole
--
Ole Arndt                     http://www.sugarshark.com