Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] sync planner files

From: pll+ew
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] sync planner files
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:17:09 -0400

In a message dated: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 18:44:01 EDT
Hans Halvorson said:

>Does planner-mode include a function for merging files?  e.g., suppose
>that I have two versions of a day file (2004.04.25) on different
>computers -- some of the tasks and schedule items might overlap, but
>some might not.  Is there a way to take the "union" of the two (without
>duplication of identical tasks)?  If there is currently no such
>function, might one be included in future versions of planner?  [It
>seems that it would be a very useful function for people using planner
>on two computers, or perhaps on a computer and a PDA =) .]

I keep my entire home directory under version control (using
Subversion).  And use it's merge facility to deal with this problem.

I find it's a much more elegant solution to use a tool specifically
designed for version control than trying to build this capability
into every app.
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE