[emacs-wiki-discuss] remembering relative paths?

From: Yvonne Thomson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] remembering relative paths?
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:38:16 +1000

Hi.

Hi, guys. I don't need the facility myself, but I thought I'd jump in
here with a half-baked suggestion.

Would it be possible to have both? I mean, create a variable,
planner-relative-directory or something. Have
planner-annotate-relative or whatever you've called it check whether
that variable's non-nill. If it's nill, forget it and move on to the
normal file annotation function. If it's true, check whether the
directory you're about to annotate starts with the contents of that
variable. If it does, use the relative path. If it doesn't, again
return nil and pass it on to the normal file annotator. I have no idea
if this would work. I also have no idea how much this would slow down
the current processing. This is just an off the top of my head
solution to the "should we do this or not?" and "should this be the
default?" question. Take it with as big a grain of salt as you like,
<grin>.