[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Extending Emacs Wiki and Planner Mode

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Extending Emacs Wiki and Planner Mode
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 23:24:34 +0800

Brad Collins <address@hidden> writes:

> First, I would like to say thanks.  Your work pulling planner and
> emacs-wiki together has been fantastic.

Kudos go to John Wiegley, the original author. I just try to squeeze
in new features and correct the bugs introduced in the process of
doing so. <laugh> Any ideas?

> Has anyone proposed creating wiki-markup for creating something
> along the lines of a texinfo node tag? This would label the page
> explicitly and give up, next, prev links which could be used in
> converting to texi, and used to create <link> markup in html and
> give the user more control in how they generate navigation when they
> convert to HTML.

Hmmm. That should be interesting. Why don't you try writing
documentation for that feature so that we can understand how it'll
work and implement it or help you implement it? Sounds like a cool
idea. =)

> I have had no luck getting anchors to work properly in emacs-wiki,
> but I would like to take it a step further and introduce another

Awww! Hmm. Theoretically, anchors should be

#someAnchorName

on a line by itself (this usually works). Then
[[SomePage#someAnchorName]] works. (Possibly SomePage#someAnchorName
might work as well.)

> Finally, I am starting to work on a converter to convert emacs-wiki
> to TEI-Lite XML. I am heavily involved in Project Gutenberg, and it
> would be wonderful to take plain text ascii books and run them
> through a script to clean them up and dump them into emacs-wiki to
> do the final touch-ups and then convert them directly to TEI XML.

Nifty. You might also be interested in johnw's project muse, which is
the next generation of emacs-wiki. The markup is very similar. =)

> Were you effected by the monster Typhoon that just came through your
> neck of the woods?  Thankfully Thailand doesn't get hit by typhoons,
> earthquakes or volcanos.  Life is a bit more interesting where you
> live :)

The Philippines is a pretty nice place, although yes, rain cramps my
style. ;) All these electronics...

Nice hearing from you!

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun