[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Headers not displayed: planner/WinXP

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Headers not displayed: planner/WinXP
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:27:36 +0800

Moving back to address@hidden in order to ask if
anyone's using Windows XP and getting weird font-locking problems...

address@hidden writes:

What's your font-lock-support-mode, by the way? I find I flush out
many font-locking problems by setting font-lock-support-mode to nil,
although this gets a performance hit.

> This is a start! I can get the face to show up if I change the
> inherited variable-pitch face from "helv" to "courier." However, no

Could you try M-x emacs-wiki-highlight-buffer in an emacs-wiki buffer?
That forces re-highlighting.

> I apply changes to variable-pitch, the inherited face for header-1,
> those attributes, but _only_ those attributes, show up in the
> planner markup.

Strange. emacs-wiki-make-faces creates the faces. Maybe we should just
make the faces by hand... <mumble>

> I'm not sure about this one. describe-text-properties returns no
> match for me. Does that suggest something strange?

It says it's plain text? Very odd font-locking.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun