Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner.el questions, suggestion for planne

From: Angus Lees
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner.el questions, suggestion for planner.pdf
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:46:37 +1000

At Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:11:04 -0400, Maciej Kalisiak wrote:
> Yes, the hyperlinking is there now, but for some reason it still
> keeps using Type 3 fonts (IIRC these are bitmap fonts, hence the
> ugliness; this can be looked up in the acrobat reader under
> File->Doc Props->Fonts; the scalable fonts are Type 1).

Acrobat has had problems for a long time with displaying type3 fonts
acceptably.  Try another PDF viewer, such as xpdf or one of the
ghostscript wrappers and the fonts should look better.

Also note the 'pdffonts' command which comes with xpdf (Debian
"xpdf-utils" package).  This will give you a similar listing to the
acrobat font properties dialog - the names of the fonts should be
munged forms of the TeX font name (the munging is a workaround for
another acrobat bug..)

It should be reasonably simple to see which fonts are being embedded
as type3 and then its a somewhat complicated exploration to find out
why the type1 wasn't available.  Assuming Sacha is building these PDFs
on a Debian machine with standard pdftex.map files, I should be able
to help given the output of pdffonts and 'dpkg -l tetex\*'.

--
 - Gus