[emacs-wiki-discuss] Japan trip confirmation, documentation refactoring

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Japan trip confirmation, documentation refactoring
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 03:04:16 +0800

Hello, everyone!

   It's confirmed. I'm going to Japan on August 25! ^_^

   In anticipation of not being able to hack on planner.el except on
Sundays, I spent my insomniac hours working on the documentation. I've
split up the original planner.texi into emacs-wiki.texi, remember.texi
and planner.texi. I also rearranged the topics in planner.texi. You
can get the new info files when you grab the dev tarball or arch
changesets, or browse them online at

   http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/doc/dev/

   My PDF fonts still probably suck. What's the exact command I need
to pass to pdftex or whatever in order to fix this? <sheepish grin>

   Would anyone like to volunteer to maintain any of the packages? It
might be easier for people if we bless a tree that will be updated
fairly often, although I'll try to keep up on patches. You've probably
already seen my PlannerModeMaintenance page with lots of pending
requests... I'll take care of the packages until someone steps forward
to seize this wonderful learning opportunity. ^_^

   Gary: Nudge, nudge. I'm tempted to just bless your emacs-wiki tree
so that I don't have to worry about merging the rest of the patches
in. <laugh>

   If no one e-mails me, well, that's okay. I'll try to work on
planner+remember+emacs-wiki during the weekends. Not that I won't
already be doing that anyway. Working on planner.el is tons of fun.
Feel free to fork and replace me if you feel I'm being negligent.
planner's just too cool a thing to leave stagnant. <grin>

   planner.el does practically everything I need. I'd love to see what
other directions we can take this in. In particular, collaboration
seems to be a growing area. Would anyone like to be able to make more
extensive changes to planner so that planner can easily support
working with others? planner-muse.el might also be quite fun.

   Okay, time for me to go to sleep. More planner work tomorrow! =)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun